Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How We Met

Katie:  Matt and I met one night when a mutual friend brought me to his house.  We talked for about three hours and when it was time to leave (because Matt shot off some fireworks and I was nervous he was about to get in trouble) I thought "wow, what a nice/fun guy".  I guess you can say the evening ended with a bang.

Matt:  I thought it was just going to be another night.  Expecting only one person to come over, I was called back and asked if it were allright that Kate Stockemer come over.  After casually answering sure, I rushed to get ready.  After visiting with her for a short time at a New Year Eve party a couple months before I was very excited.

Katie: After Matt got my number from me about a week later, we talked met up at a bar when I had headed with some friends and he happened to be going to that night for a birthday party.  We again spent the whole evening talking and I was even more excited about spending time with him.  This was good b/c he was heading over to my house the next night with some friends for and Oscar's Party!

Matt: After spending time with Katie, I began to feel the connection was mutual, but I wasn't sure. After the night at the bar I text her and said what a good time I had.  Her response was "Me too, it was great talking to you."  I  felt better after the Oscar's Party because we kept making eye contact and sending secret messages to each other all night.  The next day I couldn't stop thinking of her and was excited when she text me that afternoon.  I decided to take a risk and see if she wanted to meet up again.

Katie: The first time we were somewhere just the two of us it was at my house.  It was the Monday after Matt and I had met at the bar and the Oscar's Party.  He figured I was tired and wouldn't want to see him three nights in a row - little did he know!  There was a KU basketball game on the night and Matt brought a pizza over and we watched the game and spent hours talking and getting to know each other.  This was also the night Matt and I figured out we both like spicy food - including pepper flakes on our pizza.  The joke after this night was "you had me at pepper flakes".  Which leads into Matt's proposal story.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to see stuff on here - such a good idea to have a place to show people how your plans are coming along. The next six months is going to fly by, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete