Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Wedding Party

Matt and I were excited to ask our closest friends and family members to be part of our wedding day.  We each had already thought about who we wanted in our wedding party before we even got engaged and our lists were easy to decide.  We wanted to choose people that we knew would be in our lives for years to come.

Katie's Ladies:

Matron of Honor:  Elizabeth Stockemer

Elizabeth is a very special woman that I know God put into my life to help me be a better person.  She married my older brother Matt almost 7 years ago.  She has taught me about not being judgemental and always trying to find the good in people.  She is very caring and isn't scared to give advice that is the best she can come up with, even if it's not what I want to hear at the time.  She has helped my relationship with God grow.  She is someone that I know will be an amazing example for us as we grow older. 
Elizabeth and I's friendship really started to grow when we took some cake decorating classes together at a local cake store.  We spent hours creating sugary goodies that we didn't even want after the weeks of classes.  We ended up blowing them to pieces.  More on that to come in July ;)

Bridesmaid:  Leslie Bretches
I was blessed to meet Leslie about 5 years ago when we both joined a Catholic women's book club called Sisterhood.  We slowly started getting to know each other and became friends.  In a couple of years I got to know Leslie even better and realized what a caring and loving woman she is.  When Matt and I starting dating I joked once that Leslie should have set us up a long time ago - but we realized that neither of us were ready at that time.  It all happened as God wanted it too.
Leslie has quickly become one of my most trusted friends.  I know that she is always going to do what she can for Matt and I.  Her strong family belief is one that everyone should look up too.  I truly believe that she will be one my closest friends for life.

Bridesmaid:  Maggie Eck
Maggie is another beautiful woman that I feel has greatly influenced my life.  Maggie and I met our first year of teaching at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.  Maggie and I have been on several vacations together - including Cancun for spring break and Vegas for the Nationals Final Radio.  Maggie quiet literally knows more about me then anyone else (except Matt).  What I love most about Maggie is that she is brutally honest with me.  I know that she will always tell me the truth!  I also feel like Maggie can understand me better then just about anyone else because we are so much alike.  We have very similar personality traits.  Maggie and I both have close relationships with out families and family comes first for both of us.   I know that Maggie and I will be friends for years and years to come... first because we are so alike, but second because she knows my deepest darkest secrets!!! Hahaha.

Bridesmaid: Kali Brewer 
Kali is my beautiful cousin.  She is the strongest, most amazing high school aged girl I have ever met.  Kali and I have know each other all of her life.  I remember writing her name on my lunch sack the day after she was born because I thought is was the most beautiful name ever.  Kali and I spent lots of time together  while she was growing up.  She is one of the most open people I know - coming from one of the most private people ever!  Her strength in life is amazing.
Kali is someone that I see spending lots of time with Matt and I in the future.  Hopefully babysitting our kids and letting me help plan her wedding someday!

Matt's Men

Best Man: Dave McDaneld
Dave is the friend that I have known the longest.  We were literally kicking each others asses in 5th grade.  We have gotten in lots of trouble together (lots of fireworks).  I chose Dave to be my best man because of our long lasting friendship.  Dave will always be there for me.

Groomsman: Willie Shideler
Willie is my hunting buddy.  We have known each other since the beginning of high school.  When it comes to calling someone to help with a project, no one is quicker to help with manual labor then Mr. Shideler.  PS - he enjoys it.  We are occasionally only work friends (inside joke).  He is a hard working, honest, and trustworthy man.

Groomsman: Rory Curmode
 Rory is another great friend of mine that I have known since high school.  Rory is always kind and carefree.  He is always there for advice and a party.  He is my football watching buddy.  He is funny, smart, and quite the ladies man. 

Groomsman:  John Stockemer
John is one of my newest friends and I can't wait to be his brother-in-law (as well as Matt).  He is a very smart, funny individual.  He is also one of the most intense KU fans I have ever met.  I see my relationship with John growing and strengthening over the years as we watch sports and hunt together and I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment