Monday, May 14, 2012

Wedding Readiness!!!

Matt and I have been busy getting all the final preparations ready to go for the wedding.
I tried my dress on the day it came in!  The company that makes my dress makes them to order, so I wasn't worried about it fitting.  It was even more beautiful then I remembered though :).  Mom and I had already picked out jewelry and it was perfect!
Everything else has been worked on - both of our families have had a blast working on of the little things together.  We have all the wedding favors complete, the programs are started, the seating chart has been started, and all the centerpieces are ready to go.  I had a friend ask me today if I was getting stressed about this and I told him no - I am too anally organized about everything for the stress to hit yet.  I'm sure the week before the wedding will be a little harder though.

So, hopefully you can tell, the wedding planning/preparation has been (for the most part) low stress.  I'll admit I had my moments, but you'll have to ask Matt because I can't remember right now.  Our families have been able to spend a lot of quality time together and there is very large amount of respect and love between all of us.  I think it makes Matt and I's relationship even more special that our families truly enjoy spending time together.  They have even talked about getting together without us while we are gone on the honeymoon.  Nothing would make me happier!

The most stressful part of the last two months has been job change for Matt.  He was offered a job with a company that manufactures a lot of products that were sold at Star (where he used to work).  After some praying and getting advice from numerous family and friends, Matt decide to go in for the interview.  He wasn't even home from the airport when he got the call with an offer!  We were and are still both excited about the opportunity he will have with this company.  No doubt - Matt really enjoyed his job at Star (and will miss his co-workers), but the new job allows for a little more growth as a salesman.

Although I have not changed jobs, I did have an amazing opportunity present itself to me for the summer.   I will be taking two weeks of summer classes a year for the next 3 summers.   The amazing part of this is I get 3 FREE credit hours each summer and I get paid to take these classes and implement what I am learning in my classroom.  You can't beat that - getting PAID to go back to school?  Even better - it's with one of my favorite professors from college!  Better yet?  It covers all kinds of math with the new standards (I know - yawn for all non-teachers out there).  Anyways, it will be a great way for me to learn how to teach the new things I have to teach.

We will see how the stress level gets over the next 19 days - I'm sure there will be ups and downs, but as long as we keep enjoying it like we have for the last 8 months, it will be everything I have imagined and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment