Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Update on Wedding Planning!

Matt and I have been busy with our families and friends getting everything planned for the wedding.
We have spent plenty of time picking out and getting invitations all ready to send - including great arguments from my dad about where the labels should go on the envelope.  Of course he had been up the night before nursing a orphaned calf so he was a little loopy  We were blessed to have all of my bridesmaids there to help us along with all of both of our families.

We have all the dresses and tuxes picked out and ready to go - except flower girl dresses, but we have it down to two.  My neices Melanie and Claire are VERY excited to be part of the wedding.  We are just hoping they will make it down the aisle in front of me without getting too shy.  My mom and Irene (Matt's mom) are still finializing plans for their dresses as well, but are getting close.

Our goal this whole time has been to have a fun and relaxed wedding.  We want the least amount of stress possible.  The more we can get done now the better.  We have all the wedding favors ready except for a bow.  All of our wedding day needs - guestbook, flowers, lunch plans, hair appts, makeup appts, reception decorations, are all done or very close to.  We hope to have all of these things ready by the end of spring break.

I am the first to admit I can be overly organized.  I hope to have as much done as soon as I can so that the last week before I get married can be a time to spend with all of our family that is coming in town. Including Matt's Uncle Bob from Scotland, my family from Colorado, Washington, and Montana.  Matt's family from Colorado, Missouri, and Arkansas.  We want to be able to spend time with all of them and not just have a passing "hello" at the reception after they travel so far so spend this special day with us.

Matt and I have also spent hours planning our honeymoon which I will post about soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for more posts! Even though I already know most of this stuff I'm excited to see it on here too :D Fun song selections for your playlist, too!

    ReplyDelete